- Create backgrounds and props for animation project, work with the Lead Artists, Concepts artist, Designers, Riggers and Animators to balance quality and production performance.
- Model, UV and texture polygonal objects accurately from provided concept art keeping the appeal and the essence of the concept.
- Maintain the style for different objects on the same project and ability to model in a variety of styles.
- Build and maintain high quality rigs and skin weighting
- Follow art directions and technical requirements.
- Mentor other 3D Artist’s on the team in terms of model appeal, best topology practices, light efficient rigging and etc.
- Leadership and some administrative duties as assigned by supervisors / leaders.
- Proven ability to create great looking textures, in a variety of styles, both from reference and painting from scratch.
- Proper and imaginative use of materials and shaders.
- Ability to assess and implement clean, efficient geometry and scene organisation for maximum production performance.
- Experienced in rigging/skinning in Maya with strong understanding of character kinematics, deformations and topology
- Solid understanding of the anatomy and movements of humans, quadrupeds and birds with a deep understanding of facial anatomy.
- Expertise in Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop, other packages are encouraged also.
- Self-driven, excellent verbal and written communication, team player.
- Experience working and directing outsourcing and/or mentoring junior team members
- Strong drawing and painting capabilities is essential.
- Knowledge in Python and Maya scripting is an advantage