Reporting directly to Head of Production, the Asset Supervisor will supervise, monitor, direct and influence wide-ranging aspects of high-end asset creation across multiple projects. This position is directly responsible for ensuring the delivery of shot ready assets from the disciplines of modeling, texturing and rigging.
Your previously held positions are likely to have been modelling supervisor, CG supervisor or similar. You are an expert people manager, a natural team player and forward thinking professional. Drawing on your extensive digital effects knowledge, you respond confidently to complex rigging and/or VFX problems, which in turn push quality benchmarks to the highest level. You implement solutions that improve efficiency at the studio level.
Your job is not only focused on overcoming technical and creative challenges, but ensuring your team are utilised to their full potential.
- Manage, support and supervise all aspects of asset creation, including: modelling, texturing, character & creature development and rigging.
- Collaborate with the art director and other supervisors to ensure every asset is stress tested and meet the brief.
- Prototype and roll out assets in line with financial and creative parameters.
- In collaboration with the pipeline group, drive and prioritise asset pipeline and work flow improvements.
- Work with the animation supervisors and team on asset stress tests.
- Work with the layout and scene team to provide assets in line with blocking and animation requirements.
- Work with the lighting and look-dev teams to ensure effects assets can be successfully lit and rendered.
- Work closely with the production on setting delivery schedule and quality standards.
- Review all work for internal and external delivery, ensuring it hits creative and technical notes.
- Set discipline and quality standards by leading through example and regularly providing feedback to your team.
- Ensure your teams are operating effectively, providing guidance to resolve issues in the moment.
- Mentor and actively develop less experienced team members.
- Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace influencing morale, fostering purposeful discussion and positive work ethic.
- Work with the Commercial team, assisting with asset breakdowns, budgets and shot methodologies as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 8 years supervisory or leadership positions in areas such as modelling, texturing, rigging & environment.
- Expert user of production ready software including Maya as well as Photoshop, Zbrush, Blender etc.
- Experience managing and directing script & tool development in a production environment, including some familiarity with coding in Python.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a deadline focused work environment.
- Real world understanding of proportion, depth, scale, and physical space.
- Expert people management/leadership and organisational skills.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.