The CG Programmer is an innovative and enthusiastic individual with strong programming skills and experience in conceptualizing and developing programs that suits the need of the pipeline.
- Works with CG Supervisor to create, test and integrate new tools into the project pipeline
- Develop departmental production workflow, production tools, shaders programming, Maya SDK and general animation/VFX graphics programming
- Researches new techniques, develops and implements them appropriately
- Develops efficient, production-ready tools (plug-ins, scripts, stand-alone) for the Production.
- Tools inclusive of production management and workflow tools, resource allocation and tracking.
- Compile and understand the 3D intentions of the project, document development needs and assess technical feasibility
- Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems
- Collaborate with the CG Supervisor to establish constraints and communicate the technical possibilities of the various 3D features to the artistic teams
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed and integrated 3D systems meet the specific and general project intentions and are coherent with existing code
- Support the 3D features and systems designed for production and optimize whenever necessary
- Troubleshoot any bugs identified by other departments
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the 3D systems and functions
- Carry all duties in a professional and positive manner
- Compliance to all company requirements.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in 3D programming, ideally in 3D animation TV series pipeline or any other relevant experience
- Expert knowledge in Maya, MEL and Python Scripting
- Knowledge in C/C++ is an advantage
- Good analytical, problem solving and synthesis skills
- Resourceful, attention to detail and results oriented
- Knowledge of best practices in software design and memory compromises vs CPU vs GPU
You must sign in to apply for this position.