Lead 3D Artist / Generalist
- Create backgrounds and props for animation project, work with the Asset Supervisor, Concepts artist, Designers, Riggers and Animators to balance quality and production performance.
- Model, UV and texture polygonal objects accurately from provided concept art keeping the appeal and the essence of the concept.
- Maintain the style for different objects on the same project and ability to model in a variety of styles.
- Build and maintain high quality rigs and skin weighting
- Assists the Asset Supervisor to check 3D models and rigging for clean topology, deformations, frame rate, project conventions compliance and other technical aspects to ensure the asset is ready for production
- Follow art directions and production pipeline standard operating procedure.
- Mentor other 3D Artist’s on the team in terms of model appeal, best topology practices, light efficient rigging and etc.
- Leadership and some administrative duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Minimum of 3-years experience in similar position
- Proven ability to create great looking textures, in a variety of styles, both from reference and painting from scratch.
- Proper and imaginative use of materials and shaders.
- Ability to assess and implement clean, efficient geometry and scene organisation for maximum production performance.
- Experienced in rigging/skinning in Maya with strong understanding of character kinematics, deformations and topology
- Solid understanding of the anatomy and movements of humans, quadrupeds and birds with a deep understanding of facial anatomy.
- Expertise in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop, other packages are encouraged also.
- Expertise in V-Ray shaders. Other rendering engine shaders knowledge are encouraged.
- Self-driven, excellent verbal and written communication, team player.
- Experience working and directing outsourcing and/or leading team members
- Strong drawing and painting capabilities is essential.
- Knowledge in Python and Maya scripting is an advantage