The artists will be responsible to create and adjust principal lighting, color-pallets for all scenes and in various 3D environments with strong compositing skills to ensure characters and their surroundings are enhanced in every shot using technical skill and aesthetic judgment. The artists will work closely with assets team including modelers and texture/shader artists to optimize the visual look and run-time performance of the scenes.
- Design and implement lighting of characters and environments for shots that meet and enhance the given art direction.
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
- Fully understand an “iteration intensive” shot pipeline.
- Work with CG and VFX department for integrating and developing VFX.
- Oversee and revise render errors or missing composite elements
- You will work closely with CG Supervisor, producers and the lighting / compositing supervisor.
- Ultimately responsible for completing all lighting and compositing of shots.
- Must have experience using lighting, shading and rendering with V-Ray and/or Mental Ray.
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere and Nuke compositing softwares
- Must have advanced knowledge of Maya’s shader network.
- Ability to work within a strong team environment; ability to take direction and a willingness to address comments and make changes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills:
- ability to communicate with colleagues and work as part of a team;
- ability to work with a minimum of supervision and ability to problem solve;
- ability to deliver on schedule, working under pressure;
- respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline;
- Knowledge in Python scripting is a very good advantage
- Experience with other rendering solutions is considered an asset.