The Pipeline Programmer is an innovative and enthusiastic individual with strong programming skills and experience in conceptualizing and developing programs that suits the need of the pipeline. This position reports to Head of Production.
- Work with production team and department supervisors to create, test and integrate new tools and procedures into the project pipeline
- Develop departmental production workflow, production management tools, shaders programming, Maya SDK and general animation/VFX graphics programming
- Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, rendering and others.
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and CG Look Dev.
- Research new pipeline or production techniques, develops and implements them appropriately
- Develop and maintain efficient, production-ready tools (plug-ins, scripts, stand-alone) for the Production inclusive of production management and workflow tools, resource allocation and tracking.
- Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems in the production studio
- Collaborate with department supervisors to establish constraints and communicate the technical possibilities of the various CGI features to the artistic teams
- Troubleshoot any bugs identified by other departments
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the systems and functions
- May occasionally be required to work on administrative-related projects
- Carry all duties in a professional and positive manner
- In compliance to all company requirements.
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience in programming within CGI production or any other relevant experience
- Programming knowledge in Maya, Deadline Thinkbox, UE, MEL/Perl and Python
- Knowledge in C/C++, Java, OOP and strong mathematical skills are advantages
- Good analytical, problem solving and synthesis skills
- Resourceful, attention to detail and results oriented