The VFX Artist is an energetic and enthusiastic individual with strong VFX skills and experience in transforming ideas into fluid animations and rich effects. The VFX Artist excels at creating high caliber dynamic and riveting visual effects while at the same time meeting production deadlines. They follow the creative direction of the production from an FX standpoint and report regularly to the CG Supervisor informing them of any concerns or new developments.
- Work with the Director and CG Supervisor to develop concept, prototype, test and integrate high quality VFX that compliments or enhance the visual style of the project
- Develop stylistically consistent, VFX assets through creative use of particles, geometry, animation and materials
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within budgets and timeline
- Optimize VFX effects to fit design and technical constraints
- Provide creative and technical solutions
- Cultivate an organized and disciplined workflow
- Collaborate with artists, programmers and animators to iterate, polish and deliver projects
- Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
- Expert knowledge in Maya and working knowledge in Realflow, Nuke and After Effects
- Knowledge in MEL and Python Scripting
- Experienced in creating multiple style and wide range of VFX such as fire, smoke, explosions, crowd, water and etc.
- Thrives in fast-paced, collaborative, iterative development environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must be able to communicate artistic and technical concepts clearly and concisely to other team members in either verbal or written format.
- Carry all duties in a professional and positive manner
- Compliance to all company requirements.
- Experience in Python scripting for extending creation tools and automating tasks
- Experience in rigging and skinning characters, creatures, vehicles and props
- Strong knowledge in facial rigging, topology and deformation
You must sign in to apply for this position.